The French brand NorStone, well known for its A/V furniture and accessories, is revamping its offer of AV cables. For the occasion, the manufacturer accepted to send us samples of their HDMI, RCA, optical and speaker cables. Norstone?s offer includes three ranges: Arran, Skye and Jura.
Each of Norstone?s three new cable ranges includes:
- Terminated speaker cables with banana plugs (and adaptable spade connectors)
- HDMI cables (HDMI 1.4 to 2.0a 4K Ultra HD)
- Toslink digital optical cables (for an HD display, optical media player, set-top box, etc.)
- RCA stereo cables (for connecting analog source components and amplifiers)
- Phono RCA stereo cables (with interconnects for turntables)
- Mono RCA cables (for subwoofers)
NorStone Arran: the entry-level range
The NorStone Arran range is characterized by its use of oxygen-free copper conductors (99.999%, 5N) with triple shielding and a braided sheath. The aluminum connectors at either end are gold-plated. Together, the cables in NorStone?s Arran series represent the brand’s entry-level offer.
NorStone Skye: midrange cables
The Skye range takes on all the same characteristics of the Arran range, but the OFC 5N copper is plated with tin and silver (1%). The triple shielding is again present, as well as the gold-plated contacts. The silver plating enhances the transmission of highs.
NorStone Jura: the high-end range
Lastly, the NorStone Jura range benefits from copper conductors plated with a higher quantity of silver (10%), and the conductors are moreover Solid Core (thicker). The connectors at each end of the cable are also silver-plated (10%). The cables in the Jura range have been developed for high-end hi-fi and home cinema applications.
We?ll be sharing information pertaining to the individual specifications for each of these cables, as well as our impressions in terms of their musical qualities, in our upcoming reviews.